An arm lift surgery is conducted when you want to remove the excess fat from your arms and make it look more appealing. Also known as Brachioplasty, this is a very useful way to resolve your discomfort with drooping arms. And if you choose to have your arm lift surgery in Thailand, then you can also end up saving a lot of money.
Benefits of arm lift surgery
An arm lift surgery offers a number of benefits. Some of them include –
- Remove excess fat: Excess fat in the arm can be extremely discomforting. It can also lower your confidence since the flabby skin makes the arm look unpleasant. Being the main benefit of an arm lift surgery is. This procedure will remove the excess fat that you feel is undesirable, ridding you of the discomfort.
- Lighter arm: Since the unwanted fat is removed, you will also feel that your arms have become lighter. That feeling of burden you felt on your shoulders should disappear after the surgery. You might feel that the skin is tighter around your arm, but this will soon pass away.
- Better shape: As stated earlier, the removal of excess fat and skin will make your arms look better. And sometimes even thinner. If you are planning to have an overall slender figure, then an arm lift surgery is almost a must. Else you will have a disproportionate arms size in relation to your body. And that will be visually unpleasant.
The arm lift surgery can benefit your confidence tremendously since you will have a much better looking, well-toned arm.
How are arm lifts conducted?
Arm lift surgery is a relatively straightforward process –
- Firstly, you will be given anesthesia by your surgeon. This will relax your mind during the surgery
- Next, an incision will be made to carry out the procedure. This incision can be made either on the back of the arm or the inside of the arm. The surgeon will decide on the size of the incision depending on the amount of excess skin that is targeted to be extracted.
- Once the incision has been made, the underlying tissue will be exposed and then be tightened. Internal sutures will be used to reshape it as desired.
- After the reshaping is done, the outer skin is smoothed over the arm, and the incisions will be stitched.
You will be able to notice the change immediately after the surgery. There might be a slight swelling due to the operation, but it will minimize itself very soon. The stitches are removed in about two weeks from the surgery. The scars resulting from the surgery will fade over a period, blending itself with the overall skin tone.
Can I have an arm lift surgery in Thailand?
Australians are increasingly choosing to have cosmetic surgery in Thailand instead of their native country. In Thailand, surgery costs are far cheaper when compared to Australia. And this is possible, even though, the quality of medical surgeons offered by the top hospitals in Thailand is world class. Whether it is an arm lift, facelift or breast implants in Thailand, you can be confident of receiving high-quality medical care at a cost effective price. In fact, the cost of arm lift surgery in Thailand can be just half of what you would pay in Australia.
You can contact any agency in your country that offers medical holidays in Thailand. One of the leading providers of such a service in Australia is Destiny Meditravel. Check out their website at http://www.destinymeditravel.com.au
Dr Visnu Lohsiriwat specialises in Breast Augmentation Surgery, Breast Lift, Body Sculpting, Face Lift and Facial Rejuvenation. He has a special interest and specialised expertise in lipofilling otherwise referred to as fat injections or fat transfer and Fat Grafting. We recently did an article about the growing popularity of Fat Transfer that received a huge response and requests for Dr Visnu expertise in this area.
Dr Visnu speaks fluent Thai, Italian and English having extensive international Experience gained from his extensive studies in Milan, New York, Paris and Lyon. He has been an invited International speaker in Italy, Brazil, South Korea, Russia and Turkey.
Thailand Plastic Surgeon
Dr Visnu Lohsiriwat
Hospital: Phuket International Hospital
Languages: Thai, English, Italian
Medical Licence: 2000
Plastic Surgery Board Certified: 2007
Dr Visnu Area’s of Expertise:
Breast Surgery (Augmentation), Lipofilling (Fat injection) for breast augmentation, Breast Reconstruction, Liposuction and body sculpturing, Breast Oncology and Breast cancer surgery.
Certification and License:
- Medical Licensure: Medical Council of Thailand, 2000, #25355
- Board certification
- Thai Certified Board of General Surgery, 2007
- Thai Certified Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2007
- Certificate of Fellowship in Plastic and Reconstruction, European Institute of Oncology Milan, Italy, 2013
Dr Visnu Educational Background, Practice and Training:
- Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand 1994-2000 (First Class Honors)
- Internship: Samutsakorn Hospital, Thailand 2000-2001
- Qualification Thai Certified Board of General Surgery. Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand 2001-2005
- Qualification Thai Certified Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand 2005-2007
- AO Craniomaxillofacial Principles Course, Thailand 2007
- ATLS (Advance Traumatic Life Support) doctor course, certified by American College of Surgeons 2008
- Lecturer, Consultant, Division of Head-Neck and Breast Surgery, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand 2007-present
- Plastic Surgeon and Head-Neck and Breast surgeon at Siriraj Piyamaharajkarun Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand 2013-present
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Phuket International Aesthetic Center, Phuket, Thailand 2013-present
Dr Visnu International Experience:
- Fellowship in plastic and reconstructive surgery, European Institute of Oncology Milan, Italy 2008-2013
- Observership at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA 2012
- Research affiliation at Paris Breast Center, Paris, France 2011
- Research affiliation at Léon Bérard Center, Lyon, France 2011
- Associate Editor of “Gland Surgery” journal. (Gland Surg; Print ISSN 2227-684X; Online ISSN 2227-8575). The Official Publication of Society for Translational Cancer Research (STCR).
- Reviewer of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology Journal.
- Invited International speaker in Italy, Brazil, South Korea, Russia and Turkey.
- Scientific Articles;
31 international publications
- Book Chapters:
11 international publications
Seven national publications
Honours and Awards :
- Best Academic Resident in Resident and Fellowship Program, 2006, Siriraj Hospital, Thailand
- Second prize winner, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Resident Paper Contest, 2007 (The Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand)
- Borsa di studio from Fondazione Umberto Veronesi, 2010–2011
- “Young Investigator Program” Fondazione Umberto Veronesi, 2011–2013
Special Expertise :
- Breast Surgery (Augmentation)
- Lipofilling (Fat injection) for breast augmentation
- Breast reconstruction
- Liposuction and body sculpturing
- Breast Oncology and Breast cancer surgery
Memberships in Professional Societies :
- Thai Medical Council
- The Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of Thailand
- The Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery of Thailand
- Thai Breast Disease Society
- International College of Surgeons of Thailand
You can View Dr Visnu Before and After Images on Request
Please download Dr Visnu Resume read his Full CV. Includes Eduction Background, Experience, Surgical Qualifications